First thing in the morning Roy and I went outside and sat in the swing to watch his new birds in the aviary. The kids and I bought him some new finches already a couple weeks ago because that was when the "bird guy" was in town.
I felt a bit bad when he didn't get a present to open so the kids got him a chocolate bar and some droepjes. The kids insisted I was capable of making a "birdy" cake for Daddy so I gave it my best shot. It is a variety called a Gouldian Finch which I couldn't afford to buy him in real so the cake would have to do. They really are that colourful too!
Next came a big breakfast at home with Grandpa as our guest (Grandma was still in Alberta). Then Daddy had to go to work for the whole day. We surprised him by cleaning the church all by ourselves; Daddy normally helps us. At 6:30 we had our very wonderful babysitter, Brittany come over so Roy and I could go for dinner. Hooray! I know how much Roy looks forward to ordering that big burger at Mr. Mikes! Well what do you know but that it didn't work out that way. I no longer am able to eat gluten in my diet, but this hadn't really been a problem in any other establishment before. Well, after sending our waitress to the kitchen numerous times about different menu items we finally concluded that they didn't even have so much as a salad dressing without gluten in it! They offered me a unseasoned steak on the grill but at 20 bucks and me not really being a steak kind of a girl that didn't really appeal to me. Roy of course, refused to eat dinner with me looking on, so we left. Do you know what we did for dinner? We had a Blizzard at DQ! We even had some protein in the Reese's Peanut butter cups. We took them to the hot tub at Mom and Dad's house and relaxed for half an hour. Then we went home and watched a movie. We even laughed about missing dinner. Why not? It's better than crying.

cute pic of the two of u at the bottom. great job on the cake!
ReplyDeleteWow, Steph, that was some cake. Great job. Rats on the supper. It might have made me cry! I also like that pic on the bottom.
ReplyDeleteAs for your shelf.... bummer.
das is pas een vogel,ga je er mee kweken
ReplyDeletegroetjes pa en ma.