Thursday, November 4, 2010

Contemplating

I'm sitting at my desk enjoying my maple spice latte, thinking about yesterday and trying to decide if I'm brave enough to share my take-a-few-years-off-my-life experience. Maybe I'll just talk about this latte. I made it in my new frother...with soy milk. My mind can't quite wrap around something being quite so thick and creamy without it being pure fat-laden whipped cream.
The darling mug, complete with scriptural inspiration was a gift from my secret pal!
Okay, so the latte's is getting to my head I think, because I decided to share. You don't think Social Services checks these blogs regularly do you? So here goes, I was doing my thing inside the house while my two oldest where doing their thing outside the house. Our yard is much more kid-proof than before the black paint episode so they play quite safely. I even check up on them every ten minutes or so. Knowing this, I wasn't exactly concerned when I heard what sounded like banging on the wall coming from outside, but I decided to check up anyway. My trepidation started when I saw they were no longer in the back yard and the gate for the dog kennel was open. In itself that is not such a scary thing, but this picture below is all I saw when I got there...

I know, I know I wouldn't have believed it either and I just about fainted dead away on the spot. My three year-old and my five year-old were gallivanting in no place other than on the roof of our house. As in running back and forth and peering through my windows in the vaulted ceiling!
(is that black paint on the siding?) I'm not really sure what else to say. You do know Caleb, right? We spent a long time afterwards talking about what may have happened from this adventure. At supper last night Caleb prayed, "God, thank you for keeping us safe on the roof, and that we didn't fall off...long pause...God, it was my idea to go on the roof...I told Mycah how to go up there, will you forgive me God? Thanks. Amen."

PS No, I didn't think it was safe to leave them up there while I fetched my camera, sorry. :)










8 comments:

  1. I had a mini heart attack for you when Roy told me about this... I can only begin to imagine what your heart did when you found them up there!! So thankful they stayed safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! thanks to God they are all right. ... I remeber my mom being equally afraid when Derek.. I think he was three was at the top of the later my dad had against the back of our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I laugh.. the word I had to verify for my last comment was "scala" haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek!!! That would scare any mom. Glad they're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely heart stopping! Glad to hear nothing happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blijkbaar kennen ze dit liedje nog niet: http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=peter koelewijn

    Groeten Stephan Tanja en de Rest

    ReplyDelete
  7. dat was schrikken,twee zwarte pieten op het dak,ze waren zeker aan het oefenen voor 5 dec.
    maar goed dat het zo is afgelopen
    God zij dank!!
    groetjes Pa en Ma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Steph, that was so worth sharing! What a bunch of monkeys... literally.

    But someday they'll be so glad you wrote this down for them to remember and regal their possible children with.

    What you didn't include was, how on earth did you get them down???!!!

    ReplyDelete