Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day by Day

I can't believe sometimes how fast the time is slipping by. That's the man I married almost five years ago. Those children are ours!! Ah! God has given us so much to be thankful for and so much to pray about! Raising these munchkins isn't as easy at it seems, and each day has its new challenges. Today in the midst of talking to Caleb about something he had done wrong, I accidentally stepped on his toe. He was still crying and he sobbed to me, "Mommy, did you step on me as my punishment?
Silas is an absolutely wonderful little baby. He is usually so content and is sleeping most of the time through the night. Sometimes as much as twelve hours straight! This week he started a habit of sleeping for a four hour nap each day on top of that! And that's not including the other naps he gets in.
Almost every day I get a plea from this little guy to play playdough. He made this "snow" man and begged me to take a picture of it. I love watching them create things and don't really even mind the mess they make. It takes five minutes to clean up and I had them occupied for a couple hours! So worth it.

Mycah will color, cut, glue, rip etc. as much as I will let her. And then sometimes when I don't let her too! I often find her in a corner secretly coloring her tummy or soemthing else with a pen or marked she found tucked away somewhere.









Life is getting really busy right now as we count down the last three and a half weeks until we leave for Holland. The list is getting longer with all those "have-to-dos" and the days are too short to get it all in. I've spent much of the last few days getting family pictures and Christmas cards created, edited and ordered...mostly done that now. Roy has gotten most of the yard ready for winter and lots of pruning and such like done. I love it that he takes care of that stuff on top of everything else he does! Today I proudly folded about seven loads of laundry and then got the kids to put it in the bedrooms for me. Little did I know that they were racing, clearly not caring if my laundry maintained some semblence of sanity. When they were done carrying it all away, I got up and went to put it into the dressers. Well, I found heaps of clothing piled on our floors! Needless to say, I was not very impressed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. tot over 3 weken, we kijken er naar uit
    Ik hoop wel DAT ze van mijn kasten [Inhoud] Afblijven
    groetjes holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why my comment from a couple days ago didn't register on here... but here it is again: thanks for the nice post, Steph!! Hope you have a fantastic time in Holland!

    ReplyDelete