...a trip! Last Monday moring at 7:30 am I was talking to me dear husband in the livingroom about simplifying our lives, when canning came up. I mentioned how my sister, Bernita, had too many apples on her tree in Alberta, and how that was a such a shame, because I would love to turn them into applesauce. My husband answered by suggesting I go and pick them up. Hello! She lives 12 hours away my dear! We looked at each other with that only-between-husbands-and-wives sorta look and realized that hey, maybe it really was plausible. I managed to be out the door with three kids and their necessitates within an hour and a half. Yes, I drove to Alberta with my kids, alone. Actually, I think my Passenger was in alot more control of the vehicle than anyone else I could have chosen. We had great one-sided conversations and it was a perfect opportunity to get to know Him better. The kids were great; okay, so I drugged them with Gravol. What? They really do get car sick. They lethargy is just a wonderful side-effect. We stopped only twice for pee breaks and they got two Happy Meals out of the deal. I had a very wonderful time in Alberta with my sisters and brothers-in-law. Jess even babysat so Bernita and I could go shopping, kid-free! Thanks! Did I mention that I didn't even talk to Bernita before showing up at her house at 10:00 PM with my army? To be fair I should mention that my mom told her I was coming. As for the above picture, that would be the day that we were under a tornado watch. Yes, a tornado watch. I mean how fun is that right? Not! To be told to stay indoors and keep your eyes out for a twister cloud? Hmmm. Maybe BC's rain isn't so bad. We even managed to pick the apples before I left AND I scored with about 60 canning jars they didn't need anymore. All-in-all a successful expedition. Especially the warm hospitality! Thanks again Sister!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
My Impulsiveness Withdrawal Leads to...
...a trip! Last Monday moring at 7:30 am I was talking to me dear husband in the livingroom about simplifying our lives, when canning came up. I mentioned how my sister, Bernita, had too many apples on her tree in Alberta, and how that was a such a shame, because I would love to turn them into applesauce. My husband answered by suggesting I go and pick them up. Hello! She lives 12 hours away my dear! We looked at each other with that only-between-husbands-and-wives sorta look and realized that hey, maybe it really was plausible. I managed to be out the door with three kids and their necessitates within an hour and a half. Yes, I drove to Alberta with my kids, alone. Actually, I think my Passenger was in alot more control of the vehicle than anyone else I could have chosen. We had great one-sided conversations and it was a perfect opportunity to get to know Him better. The kids were great; okay, so I drugged them with Gravol. What? They really do get car sick. They lethargy is just a wonderful side-effect. We stopped only twice for pee breaks and they got two Happy Meals out of the deal. I had a very wonderful time in Alberta with my sisters and brothers-in-law. Jess even babysat so Bernita and I could go shopping, kid-free! Thanks! Did I mention that I didn't even talk to Bernita before showing up at her house at 10:00 PM with my army? To be fair I should mention that my mom told her I was coming. As for the above picture, that would be the day that we were under a tornado watch. Yes, a tornado watch. I mean how fun is that right? Not! To be told to stay indoors and keep your eyes out for a twister cloud? Hmmm. Maybe BC's rain isn't so bad. We even managed to pick the apples before I left AND I scored with about 60 canning jars they didn't need anymore. All-in-all a successful expedition. Especially the warm hospitality! Thanks again Sister!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Still can't believe you did that... but so glad you could make such a fun memory for all of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed that you could do that. I guess I just don't have the impulsiveness in me. I like to plan & plan:) Glad you had a great trip!
ReplyDeletelove it all over!
ReplyDeleteplus amazing pic!
The picture is gorgeous, the whole idea fantabulous and inspiring!
ReplyDeleteAnd the picture of Silas and the balloon reflection.... perfection!
FUN! Glad you could come...we had a great time and it wasn't too chaotic. Come again!
ReplyDeleteSteph, i'm so jealous!! that AB sky is something i'll always miss and yearn to see!! I always miss the "cool" weather experiences. Glad you had such a great time! Don't you love to surprise people ;)
ReplyDelete