Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Way back Four Weeks Ago...

So I'm looking through my pictures and see this glaring display: 251 photos. Since I blogged last, I have 251 new photos. It tells me one thing. Not that I've been lazy or haven't felt like blogging, but that I've been busy. Not in a bad sort of way, just pleasantly busy. Today, not so much. There is rain falling outside the window in front of me and kids sleeping and reading inside. I will not attempt to catch up in one sitting as I usually do, but I will post a post! And this post is about my dear daughter. You see, she had a mishap. It was May 8th. Mother's Day. Daddy's day too. Roy's birthday. Mom and Dad and I were so excited to give him his brand new bike, a cruiser.



So later that day after church, Roy took it for a little spin. Of course the kids wanted a ride too. I took this picture of Caleb and Daddy before they left. Notice I'm cautious enough to make them have a helmet on. I don't have a picture of Mycah on the back with Daddy, but do have a memory of her screaming half way down the street. I think the neighbors do too. Roy carried her home and explained she had stuck her foot in the spokes as they went. The skin was off the back of her foot, so knowing how dramatic she is, I bandaged it and left it at that.

But she didn't. The rest of the day she cried on and off. We celebrated Roy's birthday, and enjoyed our cake. But she refused to bear weight on her foot.

That night we went to the hospital because she couldn't sleep for the pain. This is what she came home with.


She managed to break her leg and sprain her ankle. It's been four weeks. She adapted well and started to crawl everywhere. Now the problem will be to get her to walk again. Her cast has been off for four days and she will put a little weight on it if we make her. We still may have a road of physio in front of us. Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear that she has her cast off. Now to convince her that she can walk?! Have fun....by the way...you are looking AWESOME! Love ya, Bernita

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the last pic of her -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures, hope she will walk again before we're on Holiday in Canada

    Stephan en Tanja

    ReplyDelete