Monday, April 27, 2009

A Week of Yardwork



Here are some pictures of our new deck. We just built all the planter boxes and filled them with dirt this week. This view is along the side of our house, going toward the backyard. There isn't a door on the back of the house, so this way we can nicely get to the backyard. This box is filled with 6-8 different types of hosta, courtesy of my mom and her bountiful gardens!







This is part of the back deck. We built a box around our lilac and I'll be adding some annuals as soon as it's safe to do so. Last year I learned my lesson when I planted all my annuals at the beginning of April. Ooops.









The kids enjoying dessert and the new deck. We have eaten supper outside 5 or 6 times this year already! Notice the lawn consists of piles of dirt and stones at this point. We need to rent a rototiller and attack that next!











Here is the slab leading to the other side of the deck. This area of the lawn got flooded and mudded all the time so we couldn't even walk there. Now with the concrete and sand for drainage, it's all good! This planter box was also made this week. Good work, Roy!









The rest of the deck and one more box...












Pa, here is a look at how the front yard is coming along. I spent more hours working than I should have on Friday, wheelbarrowing topsoil into these gardens. Let's just say I had the itch to get some yardwork done and didn't really want to stop...


2 comments:

  1. the deck pics are ultra inspiring -- can't wait to start ours. sweet little picnic table too :)

    ReplyDelete