Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 2013

June 3rd was Mycah's 6th birthday.
 




We had a "cousins" birthday party...we love living so close to this many relatives!



 


  
 









Mycah got bubble bath from Auntie Jess...guess I used too much.






Daddy and Caleb putting in the garden...once again in June. I guess later is better than never. The garden is about 32 by 50 feet and we planted the whole thing on a Saturday. I was crispy red with sunburn.




Great Opa and Oma Wubs came over for a visit to celebrate Mycah's birthday.



 
Ezra is two months old and growing in height, width and personality.





Okay so I guess they thought I didn't make enough spaghetti...yes, they are all eating raw spinach without dressing. Nasty! However, I am thankful that they will eat almost anything.




We signed up for a Homeschool Wilderness Camp at Blue Bronna...three days before it happened. Roy had to work so I took the four kids and Bernita took her four. We had a totally great time.  



Tuesday night was a full moon. I woke up around four in the morning because I needed to use the washroom something fierce. However, I am a little scared to go roaming alone in the dark amongst the beast of the land so I was in a small predicament. I looked around outside the cabin but decided there wasn't enough privacy to bear my bottom. With a sinking heart I realized I would have to resort to the humble icecream pail my sister had brought along for just that purpose. I placed it on the floor inside the door. Our kids and Bernita were all there in the cabin but with the curtains closed it was dark enough to afford some privacy. Bernita was awake. That's when it happened...I crouched down to make use of the pail when my backside hit the front door. Apparently I hadn't latched it and open it flew....exposing for anyone who happened by....the second full moon of the night!!


Caleb learned archery. 


Bernita got on a horse for the first time in years!


The camp counsellors watched all the kids so the parents could go trail riding. It was super fun.


Did I mention we had a whole lot of rain the week before?


Doing relay races on horseback, he had just bobbed for apples.



Enjoying the sunshine!



Remember how I said I was thankful my kids would eat almost everything? Well at camp I wasn't thankful at all....Caleb was eating wood and grass and weeds. He got really sick that night and all the next day...not sure if it was from that...

No comments:

Post a Comment