Jesus himself thanked God for the food He ate, so why do we forget so easily to give God thanks for the life we have. Why do we complain so easily or think life is not fair.
This author wanted to figure out how she could be thankful in her daily life, so she started to right down a thousand things she is thankful for in daily life. Not just like the main things like kids and husband, but the little things like 'moonlight on the pillow' and'clean sheets smelling like wind'.
I have so often a hard time to thank God for those little normal things in life.
Two of the author's points are that when we are not content we can not be thankful .
So let us be content in every situation like Paul said in Philippians 4: 11-12:
"I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.
I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little."
The other point is to slow down , so you can see the ordinary things we should be thankful for.
So let us pray for each other for a more thankful heart and attitude toward God and others.
ROY
Thanks Roy, I too have been reading that book and I am finding how silly it sounds to complain about things!
ReplyDelete